PrivateEyePi Temperature Kit for Raspberry Pi
Home temperature monitoring system
- 20 male/male jumper wires
- 10 male/female jumper wires
- Solderless Breadboard 400 Tie Points
- 1 resistor (4.7kOHM)
- 1 DS18B20 Dallas 1 wire digital temperature sensor
- Access to PrivateEyePi cloud service
- All software included
Kit excludes, but the PrivateEyePi temperature project requires:
- A RaspberryPi, model A or B (visit www.raspberrypi.org for more details)
- Power supply for the RaspberryPi
- SD memory card for the power RaspberryPi
- Internet access to the Raspberry Pi (either via network cable or Wifi dongle, not included
The detailed project tutorial can be found at http://projects.privateeyepi.com/home/temperature-sensor-project-using-ds18b20
Temperature gauge features
- Connect the temperature sensor to the Raspberry Pi.
- Monitor your home temperature from your smart phone or computer using the free PrivateEyePi cloud service dashboard.
Skill level for the PrivateEyePi project
- Basic low voltage electronic skills. We will provide you with a full inventory of electronic parts and diagrams. We will show you breadboard wiring schematics for you to copy.
- Basic Raspberry Pi and Linux experience. No programming or electronics experience required, no soldering. You can also use our blog to ask questions or email our support email.
How it works
Once you have completed the tutorial you will be able to monitor the temperature using our free cloud based dashboard.